Stone, sand and gravel are essential components in the building of our cities and towns and the transportation networks that connect them. These materials also play key roles in agriculture, landscaping and storm water management. At Prairie Material, we provide top-quality aggregate materials for projects of every scope and size.
Working from strategically located quarries, pits, depots, and recycling centers in Illinois and Indiana, we employ state-of-the-art equipment and cutting edge processes to produce high quality aggregates for a variety of uses.
Prairie aggregate materials are available for a wide range of construction and industrial needs, functioning as:
- Base materials for roadways, walkways, railroads, parking lots and airport runways
- Raw materials for creation of ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, precast pipe, concrete blocks, cement, and other building components
- Large rip rap sizes for bank/slope stabilization, erosion control, and shoreline armoring
- Landscape materials, both functional and decorative
- Essentials in water filtration and purification systems
- High calcium lime for agriculture
Our products meet state and local specifications, with our dedicated QC staff conducting rigorous and regular testing to assure the highest levels of quality and consistency across all of the aggregates we produce.
Our aggregate products include:
#23 Sand / State Approved
#4 Structural Backfill
#8 Gravel / Washed / State Approved
# 11 Stone / State Approved
#5 Septic Gravel / Washed / State Approved
Pea Gravel 3/8" and 5/8"
AP 8 Gravel / State Approved
Commercial 8 Limestone
Crushed Chips (Stone) 3/8" & 5/8"
Crushed Concrete Stone 1"
Crushed Gravel 3/4" & 1½"
Crushed Road Base
Crushed Stone 3/4" and 1½"
Fill / Soil
Boulders / Rip Rap
Aggregate products are distributed through our network of quarries, pits, depots, and ready-mixed yards. More details about our product types and locations are available from the links below.